It is our great pleasure to invite you to participate in the "IX International Symposium on Mineral Nutrition of Fruit Crops" to be held on June 28-30, under the aegis of the ISHS.
As the number of COVID-19 infections continue to rise globally, and restrictions regarding travel and gatherings of multi-participant events resume, we have decided, with the support of the ISHS, to re-organize the upcoming symposium into an on-line format. The dates will remain as scheduled, June 28th–June 30th, 2021.
The objective of the symposium is to share interdisciplinary, fundamental and applied knowledge of the diverse aspects of fruit crop nutrition.
- Physiological aspects of mineral nutrition
- Genetics and plant nutrition
- Sustainable approaches to nutrient management (including soil management, intercropping and biofertilisers)
- Diagnosis of plant nutrient status
- Plant nutrient status and fruit quality
- Bioactive compounds and mineral nutrition
- Role of plant-microbe interactions in mineral nutrition
- Trends in fertilizer consumption
- Nutrient losses
- Mineral supply technology
- Rootstock and root architecture
- Plant mineral nutrition and human nutrition
- Mineral nutrition under arid conditions
- Interactions between water quality and nutrition
- Sensing, data and tools for decision-making
- Interactions between biotic and abiotic stressors and nutrition
Students and "Young Minds"
We encourage students and early career scientists to participate in the symposium. Students are offered a significant discount in registration costs. Students and junior scientists can participate in competition for ISHS Young Minds awards for best presentations. If you qualify, make sure to indicate such when you submit your abstract.