Wednesday, 11 November 2015
08:30 – 09:45 Smart Mobility Innovation Session - Hosted by US Secretary of Transportation, Mr. Anthony Foxx
Israeli startups presenting innovative technologies followed by a panel discussion between US Secretary of Transportation Antony Foxx and Israeli experts in the field
Moderator: Eyal Rosner, Chairman and Director, Fuel Choices Initiative
• Nir Erez, Founder and CEO, Moovit
• Nir Sasson, Founder and CEO, Autotalks
• Yahal Zilka, Managing Partner and Co-Founder, Magma Venture Partners
09:45 – 10:00 Opening Address - MK Avi Gabai, Minister of Environmental Protection, Israel
Innovation in Smart Mobility- Disruptive Technologies and Business Models
A series of lectures and panel discussions about emerging technologies and new business models that will impact the way we consume transportation and use energy in transportation – from autonomous driving, to the sharing economy and synchronized transportation systems.
10:00 – 10:20 Ziv Aviram, CEO and Co-Founder, Mobileye
10:20 – 10:35 Shahar Waiser, CEO and Founder, Gett
10:35 - 10:50 Jambu Palaniappan, Regional General Manager - Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa, Uber
10:50 - 11:10 Coffee Break
11:10 – 11:45 The Impact of Smart Mobility Solutions for Transportation – Moderated Panel Discussion
Moderator: Itamar Orlandi, Head of Applied Research, Bloomberg New Energy Finance
• Dr. Andrej Heinke, Director, Corporate Foresight and Technology Strategy, Robert Bosch GmbH
• Daniel Amir, Managing Director, Technology Equity Research, Ladenburg Thalman
• Dr. Oren Shoval, Co-Founder and CTO, Via
11:45 - 11:55 Jerry Sanders, CEO, Skytran
Electric Mobility Session
12:00 - 12:20 Don Hillebrand, Director, Energy Systems Division, Argonne National Laboratories, US Department of Energy
12:20 – 13:00 Shaping the New Electric Mobility Environment – Moderated Panel Discussion
Electric mobility presents new opportunities and challenges to transportation systems, as vehicles, charging infrastructure and information technologies are developing and business models are adapting to consumer needs. Actors along the electric mobility value chain will discuss how the electric mobility environment is shaping.
Moderator: Saar Shafir, Deputy Managing Director, Fuel Choices Initiative
• Eric Feunteun, EV Global Program Director, Renault Group
• Anja van Niersen, General Manager, Allego BV
• Dr. Hanno Butsch, Head, International Cooperation at National Organization for Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Technology GmbH
• Dr. Emma Silke, Head of Strategy & Business Development, ESB ecars
13:00 - 13:45 Lunch Break
TRACK A - Rovina Hall
13:45 - 14:30 "Starter" Research Presentations
This session will be composed of latest innovative academic research in the field of alternative fuels and alternative mobility. Ted-style presentations will be given by leading Israeli researchers from different universities and research centers.
Moderator: Dr. Efrat Oron, Director of Research and Outreach, Manna Center for Food Safety and Security,
Tel Aviv University and Scientific advisor, Fuel Choices Initiative
• Dr. Iftach Yacoby, Senior Lecturer, Department of Molecular Biology and Ecology of Plants, Tel Aviv University - Hydrogen Farms
• Dr. Brian Rosen, Senior Lecturer, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Tel Aviv University - Intelligent Design of
Energy Conversion Catalysts
• Dr. Alex Schechter, Head of the Lab for Fuel Cells& Electrochemistry, Department of Biological Chemistry, Ariel University - Advance
Materials for Next Generation Fuel Cells Powered Vehicles
• Mr. Arnon Poran, The Internal Combustion Engines Laboratory, Technion - Advanced propulsion system with high energy efficiency and
zero-impact emissions fed by an alternative fuel
• Mr. Asa Ziv, CEO, NrgStorEdge - Accelerating Zero-emission Transportation Market
Liquid Fuels - From Lab to Application
14:30 – 15:15 Future of Synthetic Fuels - Moderated Panel Discussion
Synthetic fuels, especially those produced from feedstock such as natural gas and biomass, could potentially have a significant effect on dependence on crude oil, energy security, economics and environment. In this session, we will hear from leading business and research speakers on their latest developments which turn this potential into reality.
Moderator: Dr. Bracha Halaf, Acting Chief Scientist Ministry of National Infrastructure, Energy and Water Resources, Israel
• Virgilio Cerutti, Vice President, Business Development Central Coordination, Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles
• Dr. Rebecca Boudreaux, President, Oberon Fuels
• Prof. Moti Hershkowitz, Director, Blechner Center for Ind. Catal. & Proc. Development, Ben-Gurion University, Israel
• Dr. John Richmond, Group Chief Engineer – Mechanical Systems, Office of the Chief Technology Officer, Tata Sons
15:15 – 16:00 Future of Bio Fuels - Moderated Panel Discussion
Advanced biofuels technologies are currently being deployed around the world. Whether if the feedstock is agricultural residues or solid municipal wastes, many questions are raised regarding the economic viability as well as the LCA of these fuels.
This panel will shed light on the potential of these technologies regarding technological and economic feasibility. Different aspects will be raised both on the feedstock side as well as the conversion to fuels. In addition, the panel will discuss what is the role of the academic R&D in helping achieve the technological and economic goals that are set by different stakeholders.
Moderator: Dr. Anat Bonshtien, Technology and Regulation Manager, Fuel Choices Initiative, Prime Minister's Office
• Dr. Donald Smith, Biofuelnet Canada
• Dr. Michael Lindenbaum, VP of Technology, Agrisoma Biosciences
• Dr. Jean-Michel Lavoie, Associate Professor ,Sherbrooke University
• Zviya Baron, Principal, PetroQuantum B.V.
TRACK B - Bertonov Hall
13:45 - 15:00 B2B Session
15:00 – 17:00 Israel Smart Mobility Entrepreneurship
The Smart Transportation Accelerator, part of the Center for Innovation in Transportation at the Porter School, Tel Aviv University, is holding its Demo Day for graduating round of startups, followed by the final stage competition for the next round. Join us for pitches of entrepreneurs working on smart mobility solution.
Demo day presenters: Bike Storming; Guardian; MPT; ParkLife; Security in Motion; Turbo Gen
Finalists for Accelerator Program: 3D Sense; RetSeco; Sidewalk; La'Zooz; NrgStorEdge; Multi modal routing algorithm; Delivero; GreenQ; BambooBike; Kaproolz; H2Go