ISRR10 is pleased to announce the Student Ambassadors Pre-Conference for 15 outstanding students.
The program venue will be the French Associates Institute for Agriculture and Biotechnology of Drylands, the Jacob Blaustein Institutes for Desert Research, Sede Boqer Campus of Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, which is located in Israel’s Negev Desert.
The program is fully sponsored including accommodation, meals, class enrollment, professionally guided field hikes and a sight-seeing trip.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday, March 20, 2018.
The aims of the program are:
- To develop and refine the skills for promising young scientists required for root zone research.
- To participate in discussions, demonstrations and lectures given by leading experts in the field of root zone research.
- To enable and encourage their future collaborations and advanced research methods in the various fields that incorporate root and root zone research.
To apply, please send your CV to Mrs. Nofar Asa, the Conference Administrator, at email@example.com
More details about the program, including registration eligibility, the program schedule, the topics of the offered classes and other general information, will be posted soon.
Tuesday, July 3 – Arrivals
Wednesday, July 4 – Day 1
- Presenting the students and the 3-day program
- Root measurements
- minirhizotron, in-growth cores, root-fly, win-rhizo
- Lab – stress
- ROS (roots and leaves)
- Roots, Primary and secondary metabolites
Thursday, July 5 – Day 2
- Root anatomy
- Root hydraulic conductivity
- Root cavitation
- Pressure chamber
- Invited lectures: various aspects of root studies:
- Root parasite
- Root exudates
- Root gene expression
- Water absorption and aquaporin
- Solutes Uptake
- Soil aeration and oxygen in roots
Friday, July 6 – Day 3
- Modeling the root zone
- Root water uptake
- Root growth
- Solute uptake
Tour to R&D farm (Jojoba, vineyard) and runoff irrigated farm (olives)
Saturday, July 7 – Day 4
Touristic tour – Masada and Dead Sea. Finishing in Conf. Hotel, Yearim