College Vanderbilt University
Medical School and Medicine Internship
University of Mississippi
Residency University of Alabama, Birmingham
Clinical Professor of Medicine (Dermatology) University of Mississippi
Clinical Professor of Dermatology
University of Alabama Birmingham
Wife - Melissa P Daniel, PhD
Professor of Clinical Laboratory Science
University of Mississippi
Former President, Vice-President, and Honorary Member American Academy of Dermatology.
Former President of New York State Dermatology Society and Council for Nail Disorders
Prior member, Board of Directors of Women’s Dermatology Society, Skin of Color Society, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
Professor Emeritus, Dermatology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University
Adjunct Professor of Dermatology, University of North Carolina
Dermatology Foundation Lifetime Career Education Award, 2008
Former Editor-in Chief, Dialogues in Dermatology, American Academy of Dermatology
Phoebe Rich MD is Adjunct Professor of Dermatology at Oregon Health & Science Center and in private practice in Portland, Oregon. Her major academic interest in dermatology is Nail Disorders and she is director of the Nail Disorder Clinic at OHSU. Dr. Rich completed her dermatology training in Oregon in 1989. She has authored over 60 peer reviewed papers and as well as numerous text book chapters. Dr. Rich has served as President of Oregon Dermatology Society, Council for Nail Disorders, and is currently on the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Dermatology
He is a Professor of Dermatology at the University of Toronto, Canada.
He has published and lectured extensively in superficial fungal infections with over 400 articles and book chapters to his name.
He is the Director of a Medical Mycology Laboratory that conducts both diagnostic and basic mycology research.
Dr. Gupta is currently the President of the Council of Nail Disorders in the USA
1973-1979: Medical School, Athens University, Greece
POST GRADUATED (RESIDENCY):
1980-1981: In Internal Pathology at the Naval Hospital, Athens, Greece
1983-1985: 18 months in Dermatology-Venereology at The Hospital of Infectious Diseases, Athens
1985-1987: 18 months in Dermatology-Venereology at the Skin and Venereal Disease Hospital of Athens.
1988: Doctor Thesis in Dermatology.
April-September. 1987: Training in Lasers and Dermo-surgery. Northwestern University of Chicago.
MEDICAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP:
President of the Hellenic Dermatological and Venereological Society.
Member of the European Academy of Dermatology.
Member of the American Academy of Dermatology.
Member of the International Society of Dermatology.
Board Member of the Council for Nail Diseases.
Board Member of the European Nail Society.
Associate Professor of Dermatology and Venereology at the Medical School, Athens University.
Consultant in Dermatology at the Skin and Venereal Diseases Hospital, University of Athens (Hospital “A.Sygros”).
Director of the Laser Department at the Skin and Venereal Diseases Hospital, University of Athens (Hospital “A.Sygros”).
Director of the Nail Department at the Skin and Venereal Diseases Hospital, University of Athens (Hospital “A.Sygros”).
10 chapters in books
Qualified in dermatology, Hôpital Saint-Louis, Paris (France).
Former Head of the Dermatology Unit, Cannes General Hospital.
Official investigator for Drugs.
Head of the Nail Disease Centre, 42, rue des Serbes 06400 Cannes.
Consultant-Dermatologist at the Gustave Roussy Cancer Institute (Villejuif)
Honorary Professor of the University of Franche-Comté.
MEMBER of :
American Academy of Dermatology (AAD)
American Dermatological Association (ADA)
Council for Nail Disorders
European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
European Nail Society (Founder-Member and former President)
French Society of Allergy
French Society of Dermatology and Syphiligraphy
International Society for Dermatological Surgery (Founder-Member and former President)
CORRESPONDING MEMBER of :
Belgian Society of Dermatology
British Association of Dermatology
Danish Society of Dermatology
German Society of Dermatology
Israeli Society of Dermatology
Philippine Society of Cutaneous Medicine
Spanish Academy of Dermatology
Swedish Society of Dermatology
MEMBER OF THE EDITORIAL OR ADVISORY BOARDS of
International Journal of Cosmetic Science
Journal of European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology.
Journal of Dermatological Treatment
Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology
Journal of Drugs in Dermatology
Mikologia Lekarska (Poland)
About 400 articles published in the major Journals of Dermatology
Professor of Dermatology
University of Alabama
Boni E Elewski, MD, is Professor of Dermatology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. She is also the Vice Chair of Clinical Affairs and Director of Clinical Research in the dermatology department at UAB. She earned her bachelor's in zoology and chemistry from Miami University in Oxford, OH, and her medical degree from the Ohio State University College of Medicine. She completed both her internship in internal medicine and her residency in dermatology at the University of North Carolina Memorial Hospital in Chapel Hill, NC. She is a highly active member of the American Academy of Dermatology where she has held the position of both president and vice president, and is currently a member of the Bioterrorism Task Force and the Women's Health Task Force. She is a reviewer for multiple dermatological journals, including the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Clinical Infectious Diseases, Cutis, and the Archives of Dermatology. She is a member of the editorial boards for the Journal of European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, Mycology Observer, and Cosmetic Dermatology. She has lectured extensively, both in the US and abroad, has published over 100 peer-reviewed manuscripts, and has authored multiple books and book chapters.
Jan Faergemann, M.D., Ph.D., Professor
Department of Dermatology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, S-413 45 Göteborg, Sweden.
- Jan Faergemann, born in 1948, doctor of medicine 1975, specialist in dermatology and venereology 1980, PhD 1979. Ass.prof. in dermatology and venereology, Uppsala University 1983. May 1, 2002 Professor in dermatology and venereology, Gothenburg University.
- He has been visiting professor at the Department of Dermatology, University of California, during six months in 1982 and one month in 1988.
- He is the author of 222 papers, published, in press or accepted for publication in various international journals.
- His main area of interest is in dermato-microbiology, immunology and skin pharmacology with special interest in Malassezia related diseases (including atopic dermatitis, seborrhoeic dermatitis and psoriasis), development and improvement of topical formulations using various model systems (percutaneous absorption models and in vitro and in vivo activity of drugs and formulations) and pharmacokinetic aspects of antifungal drugs.
- He has been the supervisor for 8 Ph. D. students who successfully defended their thesis and he is now the supervisor for 2 new Ph. D. Students.
- Name of the 8 Ph. D. students: Siv Johansson, Department of Clinical Immunologi, Karolinska Institut. The last 6 have all defended their thesis from the Department of Dermatology, Sahlgrenska Academy: Ing-Marie Bergbrant, Poul Gamborg Nielsen, Ann Broberg, Bo Runeman, Aditya Gupta, Mari-Helen Sandström Falk and Mikael Alsterholm.
- He is the Director of scientific studies for the Ph. D. students at the Institution for Applied Specialities.
- He is also the referee for several well-known international journals.
- He is at the advisory board for three international journals.
- He has been the chairman, co-chairman and speaker at 138 international meetings with 150 presentations.
- He has been the organiser for the joint meeting in mycology for the British, Danish and Swedish Society for Mycology in Gothenburg in 1988.
- He has been the Scientific Secretary for the 29th Nordic Congress of Dermatology and Venereology in Gothenburg, June 7-10, 2001.
- He was the Vice-president for the EADV-meeting in Gothenburg October 6-10, 2010
- He is the president for the Swedish Society for Clinical Mycology.
- He is a member and Chairman of reference groups associated with the Swedish Society of Medicine and the Medical Products Agency.
- He is a member of several national and international well-known societies in dermatology and venereology.
- In 1999 he received the Ellis and Ivar Janzons Award (85,000 SEK) from the Swedish Medical Association with the following motivation“ for his extensive and important studies over the pathogenesis of yeasts in various skin diseases and his great impact on the development of modern treatment for fungal skin infections”.
- He has performed over 50 clinical trials. He has given lectures for students attending GCP courses.
- During 2009-2010 he received the following research grants: ALF: SEK 298.000 per year. Welander: SEK 150.000. Unilever Research, Port Sunlight: SEK 378.000. All grants were for the project: Microorganisms and skin diseases.
Gothenburg 4 February, 2013
Adam Rubin, MD
Adam Rubin, MD is an Assistant Professor of Dermatology at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. There he is the Director of the Nail Practice of the University of Pennsylvania, and Director of the Pediatric Nail Clinic at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. As a dermatopathologist, Dr. Rubin specializes in nail pathology and pediatric dermatopathology. He is an associate editor of the 3rd edition of the Atlas and Synopsis of Lever’s Histopathology of the Skin. Dr. Rubin is a graduate of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, and completed his dermatology residency at Columbia University Medical Center. He subsequently completed a medical dermatology fellowship at St. George Hospital in Sydney, Australia, and a two year dermatopathology fellowship at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
Prof. Bertrand Richert, MD, PhD
Born on January 6th 1960, in Cannes (France)
Medical Degree obtained in 1988 at the Université Libre de Bruxelles.
PhD obtained in 2002 at the University of Liège.
Current academic position:
Clinical Professor, Head of the Dermatology Department at the University Hospital Brugmann, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Nail diseases, Nail surgery, Skin surgery, Cosmetics
Membership in medical societies:
• Past Secretary and present member of the European Nail Society
• Second Vice President of the Nail Council for Nail Disorders
• Member of the International Advisory Council of the Skin Cancer Foundation
• Member of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
• Member of the American Academy of Dermatology
• Member of the EADV Fostering Committee for Trainees
• Member of the Société Royale de Dermatologie et Vénéréologie.
Publication and lectures :
• Author of 1 book in English
• Author of 4 books in French
• Editor of 2 books in French
• Translator of 4 English dermatology books
• Author of 16 Chapters in Reference Textbooks on Nail diseases
• Author of more than 70 articles in Dermatological Journals
• Lecturer of more than 180 presentations in International Meetings (European Academy of Dermatology, American Academy of Dermatology, World Congress of Dermatology, World Congress of Pediatric Dermatology, International Society for Dermatologic Surgery, Journées Dermatologiques de Paris…)