Abstract Submission Deadline
The Scientific Committee of the ISOP ISRAEL symposium 2019, invites abstracts to be submitted for either oral or poster presentation related to the subjects of pharmacovigilance and drug safety.
Abstract submission deadline: 31 January 2019
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- An abstract can be submitted as an Oral or Poster presentation
- Abstracts must be submitted in English only
- All abstracts must be submitted online via the abstract submission system
- Please note that abstracts sent by mail, fax or e-mail will not be accepted
- Abstracts already published elsewhere or based on full papers that have already been published will not be considered for inclusion
The symposium SAFETY FROM ALL ANGLES is solution-oriented and multisciplinary.
The scientific committee will prioritise:
- description of experiences in organisation, Risk Management, risk communication, of algorithms, tools and methodology, multidisciplinary experiences,
- experiences to decrease the risk from anticoagulants/antithrombotics
- applied in any environment : hospital, HMOs ( Kupot holim), community, industry.
MEDICATION ERROR – RISK COMMUNICATION – RISK MANAGEMENT
- System approach and /or initiatives to prevent medication errors
- Methodologic tools to analyse system failure in drug safety ; STAMP, FMEA
- Initiative & challenges to improve transparency culture in hospitals
- Multidisciplinary approach for risk management in hospital in pharma industry
- Innovative Risk Communication actions on drug safety
- IT tools, Artificial intelligence/Machine learning to detect and prevent medication error
- Use of Real world evidence data, in Pharmacovigilance
- Initiatives with patient involvement in drug safety
NEW TOOLS FOR ANTITHROMBOTICS/ANTICOAGULANTS MANAGEMENT
- All initiatives, among all disciplines, to decrease the risk from anticoagulants
- Experience with the ISMP self-assessment tools https://www.ismp.org/assessments/antithrombotic-therapy
- HMOs initiatives ( Kupot Holim) in the field of anticoagulants
- Current initiatives : what works what doesn’t; challenges and success stories
Notification of Abstract Acceptance
Abstracts will be reviewed by the ISoP ISRAEL Scientific Committee, and each decision will be notified to submitters by 28 February 2019. Notification of abstract acceptance or rejection will be communicated to the lead author’s e-mail address (submitter of the abstract).
Please note that if an abstract is accepted for presentation (oral or as poster), at least one of the authors (presenting author) must register for ISOP ISRAEL symposium 2019. Registration should be made immediately after notification of abstract acceptance. Presenting authors must attend the conference in order to present the abstract.
The Scientific Committee’s decisions will be based upon evaluation of the abstract’s scientific standard. The Scientific Committee will allocate each accepted abstract to the most appropriate form of presentation (oral or poster). After selection, to all presenting authors will be sent full information regarding PowerPoint preparation, poster size, style and layout, as appropriate.
Accepted abstracts, which have been received by the submission deadline, will be published in ISoP’s official journal, Drug Safety.
If you have any questions regarding preparing, submitting, amending or withdrawing an abstract, please contact:
Dr. Rina Irene Fermont
Phone: +972 58 4020 688