Late abstract submission will be accepted until 1 August, 2018
These abstracts will be considered for posters and for poster prizes only.
Submit Your Abstract
With the submission of an abstract to EAI2018, the first author (presenting author):
- Accepts responsibility for the accuracy of the submitted abstract.
- Confirms that all authors are aware of and agree to the content of the abstract and support the data presented.
- Identifies any financial interest in products or processes described in the abstract. This information is to be forwarded to the Scientific Committee together with the abstract.
- States that, for studies involving human or animal subjects, permission has been obtained from the relevant regulatory authority and properly informed consent given where appropriate.
- Gives permission for the abstract, when selected for presentation (oral or poster), to be published in the Conference Proceedings (if produced) and online.
- Encore (published) abstracts will be accepted.
- Late abstract submissions cannot be withdrawn after 10 July 2018.
In order to be considered, an abstract should respect the following guidelines:
- The abstract must be submitted in good English. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject those abstracts, which are presented in poor English, or may request an immediate revision by the presenter.
- Abstract titles should be brief and should reflect the content of the abstract.
- Commercial names may not be used in the abstract title.
- No more than 10 authors can be listed. Only institutional affiliations, cities and countries should follow.
- Abstracts on “trials in progress” can be submitted and will be considered for oral or poster presentation as long as they contain at least some preliminary and presentable results. The decision regarding inclusion in the programme and type of presentation will be decided by the Scientific Programme Committee.
- Abstracts should be organised under the headings:
- Material and method
- Results and discussion
- The online abstract submission procedure will not accept abstracts that exceed 400 words (body of the abstract)
- Abbreviations may be used if standard or if spelled out and defined at the first use. Compounds should be mentioned with the generic name, in lower cases. Commercial names are admitted in the text, with an ®, and if in brackets following the generic name, i.e. “generic (Commercial ®)”.
- Supplementary data or appendices will not be accepted.
- Figures or photographs are not allowed. Symbols and structures of drugs are allowed and should be drawn in black.
- Only the submitting author will receive a confirmation/abstract number by e-mail from the EAI2018 Conference Secretariat within 48 hours of submission. This confirmation of abstract receipt is NOT a notice of acceptance.
For questions regarding the online submission process please contact the conference secretariat
Abstract Selection Process
The Scientific Committee will make the selection of abstracts for oral and poster presentations by mid-July 2018. Late submissions will be notified by mid-August 2018.
Only the first author (presenter) will be notified about the result of the review and the Scientific Committee’s decision on the abstract.
If a selected author cannot attend, the presenting author should assign a replacement.
The following presentation formats are applicable for EAI2018:
- Oral presentation: the abstract is selected for oral presentation in a main programme symposium
- Poster presentation: an abstract that has been selected for presentation in poster format. Posters are grouped by topic and will be displayed during specific Poster Sessions.
- Abstracts that have submitted for oral presentation and not accepted, will be considered for poster presentation.
- If the abstract is accepted for oral or poster presentation, the abstract will only be published in the Proceedings Book if one of the authors is a registered participant and full payment has been received by the advised deadline.
Late abstract submissions can be submitted online until 1 August 2018, via the conference website.
Please follow the instructions on the screen to submit your abstract.
If you do not receive any confirmation within 48 hours, please contact the Conference Secretariat within one week following the submission of the abstract.
Submitting an abstract for EAI2018 does not constitute registration for the conference. Abstract presenters must register to attend EAI2018 by following the instructions for registration on the website.
For questions regarding the online submission process, contact the Conference Secretariat.
Only abstracts submitted online can be accepted. Abstracts submitted on paper or by e-mail attachment will not be considered.
Topics for Abstract Submission
- Cancer cell biology
- Tumor biology
- Cancer genomics, epigenetics and genomic instability
- Signaling pathways
- Translational research
- Experimental / molecular therapeutics, pharmacogenomics
- Tumor immunology
- Radiobiology / radiation oncology
- Molecular and genetic epidemiology
- Prevention and early detection
Click here for PDF version of the Call for Abstracts